A Bit About Me
As a maker, she incorporates the delight of the every day into each nook and cranny of her art.
To summon a Jess Fauscette piece, you’ll need:
• Two hairs from a black cat
• Spilled indigo ink
• An affinity for flora and fauna
• Vegan butter
• A gentle hand inclined to wander
• One cup of bitter coffee, black
• The essence of your grandmother crocheting on Sunday morning
Stir together on a delicate porcelain dish, then pour at the root of your nearest house plant. By the next half-moon, a work will have begun to sprout. Water it with well-wishes twice a day to ensure proper growth.
Jess’ pattern driven work reflects her background in textile design. She lives and works from her studio in Woodbury, CT in a cottage that used to be part of a dairy farm.